lunes, 18 de febrero de 2013

Framed Glass


With a one last cigarette burn
Into the sidewalk of this high street
Smiling at me, you say "lets go"
The weirdest impulse, oh so brief


What do you see in me?
Looking past all and into me
Fight away sobs with tears as seas
Giving hope, to carry on with my life.


Lend me your shoulder
for the hundredth time
And let me smother you
one last time, I say
Gaze into my eyes and tell me the truth

You look at me, beat up and broken down
And you smile at me, like it's the first time
This numb ragdoll I call a life
Breaks down on you, and it's all fine

Now all in all, the mirror is broken
The last hint was lost in the current
Looking around, it's me who has fallen
It wasn't somebody, but framed glass on the wall.

What did I see in me?
Looking right at me, whats left at least.
Losing to mute cries into the seas.
Lost all hope, to carry on with my life.


(Jun/12)




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario